Maintaining optimum oral health care should be the priority of everyone. If your teeth are neglected, and your gums left in disrepair, you will become at high risk for tooth decay and gum disease. Additionally, you are at a much higher risk for oral accidents if we do not take the proper preventative measures for the safety of our mouths.
Apart from traditional techniques such as brushing and flossing daily to improve your oral health, here are some lesser known ones to help:
– Visit your dentist in Wausau, Wisconsin, regularly for your oral exams and professional cleanings.
– Avoid unhealthy drinks that are high in sugar.
– Avoid mouth jewelry, such as lip or tongue rings, that can damage your gums or crack and chip your teeth.
– When involved in contact sports, be sure to use proper safety gear, such as a mouth guard or facemask, to protect your face.
– Try using cleaning products that are dentist-approved with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Avoid hard candies that can chip or crack your teeth.
– Avoid various types of over-the-counter whitening products without prior approval from your dentist.
Follow basic guidelines to keep your mouth safe. To schedule an exam with Dr. Grant R Young, feel free to call us at 715-845-6222 to speak with a member of our team. We want your smile to stay healthy this year, and many more beyond!